You can also download the game from Gamejolt!
Here is a list of known issues
What is MiniDoom 2?
What if Doom was a platformer instead of a first person shooter? The answer is miniDoom 2, a fan game that pays homage to the Doom franchise by reimagining it as a 2d retro platformer. It takes the beloved cast of classic DOOM enemies and weapons and blends them with old school 80s and 90s games like Contra and Metal Slug resulting in a fast paced pixelated carnage fest with a killer heavy metal soundtrack.
More than a sequel, miniDoom 2 is actually a remake of miniDoom 1 on steroids: Bigger, louder and more badass.
- 17 new levels and 2 new bosses for hours of fun (and frustration).
- 14 weapons spanning all Doom games and additional secret weapons.
- 40+ minutes of face-melting metal and spine-shivering ambient music, plus renditions of the classic “At Doom’s Gate” theme.
- Secrets, upgrades and mysterious artifacts to discover and unlock.
- Smooth and responsive controls that will make your skills the most important weapon to defeat the legions of hell.
- Colorful, funny and bloody artwork inspired on 80s and 90s games.
- 5 levels of difficulty and 4 game modes to fit every gamer, from the inexperienced rookie to the demon slaying hardcore gamer that has walked the planes for a million years.
Developer: Calavera Studio
Release date (ETERNAL Expansion): March 15, 2020
Availability: Digital Download
Press Contact: [email protected]
Who are we?
CALAVERA STUDIO was born as a 2-person team with the only intend of learning how to make a video game. Our first attempt at making a game was short and simplistic but despite its many flaws it gathered a small yet enthusiastic group of fans which motivated us to take our joke of game and give it an update.
A year later our team had grown to 3 people and an extended team that helped in many areas while building the game. The project started being developed in our free time and weekends up until the final stages of the project when we fully committed to it and expanded our development team to give it a final professional touch.
The project has been complete with no other resources other than the time and love for video games of our team.
VOX POPULI ESTUDIOS is an audio production studio with 10 years of experience and credits in over 50 productions including videogames, films, live and studio CDs and DVDs.
In early 2017 Vox Populi joined forces with Calavera Studio to handle all audio duties for miniDoom 2.